And Today's Nugget of Insight
Decided to blog before the dying hours of the day, for a change. I'm not sure why...perhaps I want to record my current emotions.

Might as well start at the start, turned up for work with no idea what round I was meant to be doing, so just went about my usual one. A while later my boss texts me apologising for texting me on a day off and asking me to come into work because someone has called in sick at the last moment. Again. So I reply telling her I'm already at work, and that's that for a little while. She then replies telling me to do this other guy's round as well as my own. Fantastic. I didn't text back, and went on and got both jobs done.
I've just received this week's rota....a tad late you'll probably agree, and I'm getting trained on a new round this week for 3 days, then doing it by myself the next 2 days. No day off, and no asking me if its ok to put me on that round.

My CV is now printed out and ready to be handed in to a potential new employer. Which will probably happen tomorrow.

In my travels around Drum today I noticed a plume of smoke coming from the far end of the village. Turns out someone's caravan had gone on fire. They had gone out, so no-one was hurt as far as I know. It's usually pretty quiet around the village, so it was kinda amusing seeing all these people driving around the place to see what was going on. Fire perverts.

An old woman also tried to give me her phone number. I was scared. Obviously there is a story to this, but it's so stupid.

Lastly, I bumped into one of the few people I'd regard as my friend in this village. I think I sounded like a bit of a whiny, emotional bitch to him, but I hadn't seen him in a long time, and he actually gives me some really good advice from time to time, so it was good to see him. Today he said something which hit the nail on the head perfectly:

"Drumnadrochit is a really shit place to be, when you don't want to be here"

Poetry.

I meant to mention yesterday, I feel about 5 years younger all of a sudden. When I was off work I didn't shave at all, which resulted in a considerable beard formation. The upsetting thing about my facial hair is that is seems to consist of about 70% ginger hairs, and 30% dark hairs. I really don't like it. Needless to say it looks really weird. Anyway, that's all gone, so now I feel all baby-ish again.

I'm going to add a Rocket Summer song to the playlist. The Rocket Summer is Bryce Avary, and he writes and produces all his own music, as well as playing all the instruments featured on his tracks, which must be quite the workload, and he only uses a band when he's on tour. Talk about a work-aholic! The track I've added comes from the similarly titled album "Do you Feel?" and the video has a sort of PostSecret theme, dealing with real people who have real problems. It also features cameos from members of Paramore, Jack's Mannequin, MxPx, Forever the Sickest Kids and The Cab. A very good crowd!!

Oh yeah, the real I added TRS to the playlist, he's just announced a UK tour, see you in may in Bryce ;)
0 Responses

Post a Comment