Rage Against the Hill Climbers
Well it's been an interesting couple of days since my last blog.

Yesterday, while sorting the mail, Peter handed me a letter, and straight away I was alarmed, due to the fact it was from a solicitor's office. I never get letters from anyone like that. So I was racking my brains trying to think why someone would wanna sue me or take me to court..... Anyways, turns out, my Great Aunt who died in october of 2008 left me £2,000 in her will. So I was jumping for joy at this point, but, the letter continued. Unfortunately, due to her having some mental problems, she was in a care home for much of her later life, which I guess cost quite a lot. So basically, she didn't actually have two grand to leave to me, and what I ended up receiving was £293.41. Which, considering I wasn't anticipating it, is a welcome surprise!! (So long as I don't think about how much I could have received......grrrrrr!!!)
Yesterday also consisted of a gym session and a rather severe haircut. Probably the shortest haircut I've ever had in fact. Which turned out to be a mistake.



So today, my dad, my dog Brin, and myself climbed (looks up proper spelling on internet) Meall Fuar Mhonaidh. Which is pronounced Malfoorvany as far as I'm concerned. Anyways, it was a really good day for doing it in some ways, because it was pretty frosty underfoot, so the various parts of the trek which are usually boggy were much easier to traverse. The first bit of the walk is pretty steep for a while, and as a result of my distinctly short hair cut, I had sweat streaming down my face. Which was a pretty distinct "Fuck My Life" moment. But once it flattened out a bit this situation was fixed. There was still quite a bit of snow as we reached the top, which sits at 699 metres above sea level. I've never really done any hill climbing in snow before, and I have to admit, going up wasn't so bad, coming back down was pretty terrifying though!!! Brin had a few slidy moments over icy patches, due to his inherant state of wrecklessness. Oh, and he tried to eat snow. I say tried to, he succeeded. It was phenomenally cold and windy once we got to the top, where we got some amazing views, but after a short time we just wanted to head back home!! We managed to brave a very quick lunch at the top, and I really don't think a cheese roll tastes any better than outside and on top of a hill.

Rage Against the Machine have announced the date of their free, celebratory show, which they promised, if they reached Christmas number 1 for 2009. As a result I've added them to the playlist. I want to go so much!! It's bound to be absolutely immense. "Sleep Now in the Fire" is an awesome song, about greed, slavery, and various actions by the US Government in wartime, such as the bombing of Hiroshima and the use of Agent Orange in Vietnam. There's a pretty special video to go along with it, which shows them illegally performing the song on Wall Street, New York, and as a result the New York Stock Exchange were forced to close at midday. The video is directed by Michael Moore, who was detained and almost arrested by police. The video also shows the resulting news show, where RATM are described as being "anti-family and pro-terrorist". Good old America.

I'm going to bed now. After today, my legs feel like I've been beaten up. Roll on a full day of work tomorrow...

0 Responses

Post a Comment