The Seven Stories that Rule the World
I actually had part of yesterday's blog typed up, but due to various circumstances I got majorly distracted, and then fell asleep. Pretty good excuse I feel....

I went to see Avatar 3D on wednesday night with Farquhar. It was good! I mean, obviously it was, considering all the various awards, nominations and broken records it's achieved. The CGI was mind blowing. I thought the storyline let it down a bit.....fairly predictable and done before. In saying that, I remember my English teacher from High School telling me that every story line will roughly follow, or be based on, one of four themes. I forget what those were, but it's obviously something that stuck with me.

Ok, so I looked this up, and, bear in mind there is some debate to this, there are only seven types of story plots in the whole world. So the theory is, that any type of story will fall into one or more of the following categories:
Tragedy
Comedy
Overcoming the Monster
Voyage and Return
Quest
Rags to Riches
Rebirth

That's pretty cool right? Or is it just me that thinks that?

Gym again yesterday. I seriously hammered it. Definitely feeling the effects today, but in a painfully good way.

I emailed my boss and her assistant yesterday about booking holidays, and asked for them to get back to me asap. So to be clear, the same email to two different people. Over 24 hours have passed, with no response. It's things like this that really piss me off. I mean, one of them MUST have checked their inbox in that time.

I have football coaching tonight for some primary school kids. It's the first session of the year, after all the snow we've had. To be totally honest, I really don't do much coaching there anymore, it's just become an excuse to go and kick a football about. Don't get me wrong, I'd happily get involved, but I'm not really given the opportunity anymore, and I can't explain why that is. I'm only really there to help out, and there's another coach in charge, and he doesn't really have much interest in actually teaching them all that much anymore. I don't blame him, he almost quit last summer, and I expect he will actually follow through with that this summer. The kids are just a bit too much of a handful. Being a kid has changed since I was that age. In fact, the attitude of kids, and particularly teenagers has changed dramatically since I was that age. The way the majority of them act, and treat other people, frankly sickens me.

I'm currently listening to Frightened Rabbit. I've not really listened to much of their stuff, but I've heard a ton of good things about them. I really suck at hearing about the upcoming Scottish bands, but I did hear about Twin Atlantic aaaaaaages ago, and gave them a listen, but they didn't really float my boat, at the time. I'm liking a few of their tracks now though. And then there's Biffy Clyro. I actually kinda tried to avoid them I think, when they really exploded on the scene. Since hearing "The Captain", I really like them too. I just need time to be won over by a lot of music.

Holy crap this blog post is getting pretty long!

I shall wrap it up with a new song on the playlist. I like to try and choose something that's a bit different or diverse, so that I'm giving you something new for your listening pleasure. I've made an effort to avoid my favourite band, because I don't want to be constantly raving about them and boring you. I've seen you roll your eyes at me when I start going on about blink, I know, I'm sorry, I really can't help it. Today though, I have given in. However, I've gone with a really not well known track, which is a Billy Idol cover. The track has been in my head, due to the abhorration that is Glee. Every bloody day on the radio I was hearing the Glee cast murdering Journey's "Don't Stop Believing", so when I saw their album in the shops, I sneaked a peak at the track listing to see what songs they would be attempting to cover in future episodes, and was pretty surprised to see "Dancing with Myself". Despite Billy Idol's explanations to the contrary, this song is often accused of being about masturbation. Something that blink-182 probably fueled. Idol insists the song is about seeing patrons dancing by themselves in front of mirrors in a Japanese nightclub, whilst on tour there, but I get a good laugh about the other connotations the song has. Judge for yourself.
1 Response
  1. Farks_x Says:

    Hola. Thought I'd leave a comment while I'm here. I am disappointed you found avatar disappointing! haha.

    Anyway, aye kids are wee shites nowadays.
    Mine wont be, I'll have their arses skelped if they put a foot out of line!


Post a Comment