Dammit
I woke up this morning, kind of hoping that 10K run thing was all a bad dream. Alas, it was not. Dammit.

I might use the Wii Fit tonight, for the first time in like.....6 months, as a sorta weigh in thing, to keep some sort of record of progress.

I just had a very strange sit down chat with the parents. Basically, it was just them telling me not to rule out going back to university. I hadn't really said anything about that, so I don't
know where that came from. Hmmm......


I'm not looking forward to the gym tomorrow. I can't really explain why. It's really gotta be done though.

Another big deal tomorrow, is Man United vs Man City in the League Cup. City have a narrow 2-1 lead after Carlos "Judas" Tevez got a couple of fortuitous goals in the previous leg. It's going to be a
heated affair, and I just really hope Gary Neville plays.

I felt like adding one of my all time favourite songs to the playlist today, in the form of Something Corporate's "21 and Invincible". This was And
rew McMahon's band before he formed Jack's Mannequin, who featured in my first blog. He wrote this song about what it feels like to be young,
and feeling like nothing can break you down. The sad irony is that at 22, Andrew developed acute lymphoblastic leukemia. He received a bone marrow transplant from his sister, and in four months he was back performing in front of thousands of fans. When the diagnosis occurred, he was documenting the progress of his first Jack's Mannequin album, and continued to record his recovery on a video camera, the footage of which is now available on the "Dear Jack" DVD. Despite recovering as quickly as he did, from watching the DVD, it really looked as though it could have gone either way. It really is heart wrenching, and thought provoking. The guy is a real inspiration to me.

0 Responses

Post a Comment