The Parable of the Unforgiving Servant
Man, I'm so cold and so tired today. Bad times!!



Yesterday was a bit of a landmark day for me. I don't want to go into detail, but it was something I should have done months ago, but only recently felt up to it. A chapter of my life is closed forever now.



It's like -10 degrees celsius today, and apparently it's going to hit about -20 by friday. Seriously bad times. It really is baltic. If anyone that reads this has a really warm house or flat, can I come live with you? Please? I'm really not that much trouble. Promise!!



I'm getting really sick of my job these days. For a variety of reasons I guess. It's a job I only intended to do for a year, and I'm now in my 19th month of it. I was even mentally planning my resignation letter last week. Realistically however, there isn't that much else available at the moment. Anyways, I have some Drumnadrochit related plans this summer, so I don't want to venture too far just yet. Until then I guess I just grin and bear it. Like my dad always used to tell me: no pain, no gain.



Ok, so referring back to the first paragraph, I've kinda decided to reward myself a little bit with this. I'm a bit unsure about telling people about this song, but I think that maybe it might help someone else through a time of difficulty.

My most listened to song of 2009 was "Seventy Times 7" by Brand New. The song is written by Jesse Lacey, the lead singer of the band. Jesse had been best friends with John Nolan, one time guitarist/singer of Taking Back Sunday, that is, until John slept with Jesse's girlfriend. They had a row over the phone which ended with Jesse saying:

"Is that what you call tact? You're as subtle as a brick in the small of my back, so let's end this call and end this conversation."

Which is quoted in the lyrics of the song. These lyrics are again used in Taking Back Sunday's "There's No "I" in Team", which was John's response. "Seventy Times 7" has such hate filled lyrics, full of disgust and injustice at how his friend treated him. Jesse and John have since made up, and the song's title is in some ways a reflection of that. Jesus' parable of the unforgiving servant, originates from someone asking him:

"How many times must I forgive my brother that keeps sinning against me? Seven times?" But Jesus' response was:

"Not seven times, but seventy times seven", which is basically intended to be an unlimited amount. This song is fantastic for those times when you really need to vent over someone or something messing you about. Trust me.



Wow, deep stuff. Sorry about that!! Enjoy this fairly amusing picture of my dog Brin, to end things on a good point!
0 Responses

Post a Comment