My First Blog
Hello, and welcome to my blog!

I doubt this will be a daily thing, because frankly, some days I have very little to talk about, but I guess I will try to do so.


First of all, I genuinely want to thank, and apologise to, my friends. 2009 was easily the worst year of my life. I'm sorry for being a depressed pain in the ass for the latter half of it. But on the flip side, thank you for putting up with me and supporting me. Even in the smallest way. It meant a lot.


It's now 2010. I genuinely feel so different. In the past week or so, I have actually felt a sincere level of happiness that I haven't for a long time. In some ways, I haven't felt this way for at least 7 years. Right now my hopes and aspirations for 2010 are plentiful. And perhaps slightly stupid and unrealistic, but hey, I'm gonna give it my best shot.


Today is my day off. Yussss. Another 4 day weekend. Gotta love it. My phone is switched off. I'm rather sick of being asked to work at the last minute. So I'm sorry to anyone trying to get in touch with me.


I think, already, I have had more dreams in 2010 than the whole of 2009. Just about crazy stuff, like repairing a Ferris wheel and having my heroes analysing my CD collection.


Talking of music, I'm going to try to include a song on this page by Jack's Mannequin. I first heard of Jack's Mannequin years and years ago, but I only heard some of their material in late 2008. In 2009 I managed to see them live twice. The first time, myself and Laura travelled all the way to Manchester, just to see them. It was genuinely beautiful. The Manchester Academy 3 is a tiny venue, with no security guards. The performers are literally within touching distance. As you can see from the picture. It was pretty surreal, and one of my favourite concerts ever. Andrew McMahon is one of my favourite artists of all time. His lyrics are, at times, breathtaking. Anyway, the song I will have hopefully embedded, really moves me. I think it's a really inspirational song, and with the way he manipulates the music, you can practically hear the waves crashing against the shore.
I could actually talk about Andrew and Jack's Mannequin for ages, but I will try not to bore you in my first blog!!

Right folks, I am going to leave it at that, and try to do something productive with my day off!!

Thanks for reading.
0 Responses

Post a Comment